Ben’s Bus operates cheap Tignes airport ski transfers from 3 different airports in France and Switzerland. Our network covers shared transfers from Geneva Airport to Tignes, Grenoble Airport to Tignes and Lyon Airport to Tignes. All of our services stop at Tignes Les Brevieres, Tignes 1800, Tignes Le Lac and Tignes Val Claret. Scroll down this page for more information about our service. Alternatively, click on your airport logo below so we can direct you to our webpage dedicated to your route.
DATES & PRICES OF OUR TIGNES AIRPORT TRANSFERS
Ben’s Bus offers low cost Tignes airport ski transfers on Saturdays and Sundays (and Fridays from Lyon Airport) throughout the 2016 / 2017 ski season. We also have some special weekday Christmas & New Year buses. Depending on which airport you are flying into, our service starts on the 3rd December 2016 and finishes on the 22nd April 2017. We have many airport shuttles going back and forth each day, so you don’t have to wait long for our buses. Our prices start from only £66.25pp Return and we have some really good discounts for groups and children, making us the cheapest option available. Click this link to Book Now or receive an Instant Quote. All our discounts will be applied automatically. The proceeding pages will show the bus times that we have available.
WHICH AIRPORT IS THE BEST OPTION FOR TIGNES TRANSFERS?
Tignes is pretty much at the end of the Tarentaise valley road, the N90 / D902, so be prepared for one of the longest transfer times of the French ski resorts. The transfer time depends on which Tignes resort you’re going to and, of course, the traffic and weather conditions. If you’re travelling during the school holidays the roads can be very busy and so the journey takes a little longer. We allow extra time when we know the traffic may be bad. Chambery is the closest airport but with limited flights, most people choose to fly into Geneva, Lyon or Grenoble. The times below are all for Tignes Les Brevieres, the first Tignes resort you come to. For transfers from Bourg St Maurice train station, we’d recommend the local Tignes public buses or a taxi.
– Chambery airport (CMF) is 135 km from Tignes Les Brevieres. The transfer time is about 2 – 3 hours.
WHERE IS THE BUS STOP IN TIGNES?
Tignes is split into 4 resorts. Tignes Val Claret is at the top. Then there’s Tignes Le Lac, then Tignes 1800 (formerly Tignes Les Boisses) and finally the pretty little village of Tignes Les Brevieres. Our Tignes ski transfer services from Grenoble, Geneva and Lyon Airports stop at all these resorts. From all our stops, you can use the free in-resort shuttle buses to get to your accommodation. The Tignes Tourist Office map of the resort will help you find your accommodation in Tignes and you will see how close our stop is to your accommodation. The correct map below will be shown on your e-Ticket along with the pick up time.
– The Tignes Val Claret Bus Stop: On the North Eastern side of the village, just above all of the buildings, is a big car park. The GPS coordinates are 45°27’26.8″N 6°54’07.0″E and you can see it on google maps here
– The Tignes Le Lac Bus Stop: At the main bus station, the “Gare Routiere”, in the centre of the village. The GPS coordinates are 45°28’11.1″N 6°54’27.0″E and you can see it on google maps here.
– The Tignes 1800 Bus Stop: On the roundabout on the main road going down to Bourg St Maurice is a bus stop. The GPS coordinates are 45°29’44.2″N 6°55’37.9″E and you can see it on google maps here.
– The Tignes Les Brevieres Bus Stop: On the road out of the village, on the left there is a large parking area. The GPS coordinates are 45°30’37.6″N 6°55’08.9″E and you can see it on google maps here.
TIGNES SKI RESORT
The ski resort of Tignes was conceived in the 1950’s, when the French government built a dam which flooded the original village of Tignes. The resulting purpose built resort, located further up the mountain, suffered from the architectural style of the time. However, what Tignes lacks in architectural aesthetics, it makes up for in skiing and facilities. It has plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants and a fantastic, modern sports and leisure complex. It’s a well priced resort and certainly a lot cheaper than its more glamorous neighbour, Val d’Isere.
Tignes is part of the fantastic Espace Killy ski area which offers some of the best skiing in the world. 300km of marked runs are serviced by 88 ski lifts. Although it has a wide range of pistes catering for all types (27 black runs, 40 reds, 66 blues and 23 greens) it is really a resort for intermediate and advanced skiers. Its position between the French and Italian Alps is part of the reason it has such a consistent snowfall record. This, along with access to 2 glaciers, ensures your holiday is snow guaranteed.
TIGNES TRANSPORT, TOURISM AND WEATHER INFORMATION
– We believe we offer the cheapest Tignes airport ski transfers from Grenoble, Geneva and Lyon Airports.
– Explore the Tignes Tourist Office website to discover in-depth information about all the Tignes resorts
– The Tignes Tourist Office run a luggage storage facility in Val Claret & Le Lac. More details can be found on our Baggage Store page
– For a decent weather forecast, the snowforecast website is well trusted by skiers
– For up to date traffic reports on the roads around Tignes, check out the French government website Bison Fute
ACCOMMODATION IN TIGNES
If you have not already booked your accommodation, we can recommend Ski Bonjour who operate quality ski chalet holidays in Tignes Les Brevieres. Tignes Les Brevieres dates from the 13th Century and is still relatively unspoilt and is a great base for your holiday. They also have Sunday changeovers.