HOW TO FIND A CHEAP SKI HOLIDAY
Finding cheap ski holidays has become far easier in recent years. Low cost airlines and shared ski transfer companies such as Ben’s Bus have made holidaying in the French Alps more affordable than ever. Tour Operators, Travel Agents and Accommodation Providers in France have all played their part too. We’ve showcased the best companies that offer ski holidays in the resorts that our network of buses operate to.
SKI HOLIDAY PACKAGES FOR FAMILIES, GROUPS AND FRIENDS
NUCO specialise in bespoke holiday packages to fit any budget. From small groups of friends to large corporate events, they have holidays to suit everyone. Check out their Deals of the Week to bag yourself a bargain!
Get me to the Alps are the ski experts and have some of the cheapest ski holidays available. Their excellent customer service ensures that your holiday runs smoothly and they offer full ATOL protection.
Ski Beat offer chalet ski holidays in 6 snow-sure resorts in France
The Ski Gathering are a company specialising in single travellers & solo skiers. Book a holiday for yourself & ski with a new group of friends
HOW TO FIND CHEAP SKI HOLIDAYS – OUR TOP TIPS
1. Choose Your DATES Wisely. This is the biggest driver in terms of how much you will pay for your ski break. Here are some dates to avoid:
- Christmas and New Year weeks: Budget Holidays are hard to find at this time of year. Search around and you could still find some bargains.
- UK February Half Term Holidays: Saturday 16th Feb 2019 – Saturday 23rd Feb. Flights from the UK will be expensive.
- French School Holidays: Saturday 9th Feb 2019 – Saturday 9th March. Prices are high and the slopes, roads and restaurants are rammed!
2. Choose Your RESORT Wisely. Don’t think you have to head to a famous ski resort. It depends on what you are after and there are loads of cheaper options. Consider these factors:
- Skiing ability Ski passes for smaller resorts with smaller ski areas are loads cheaper than the bigger, more famous ones.
- Family or Friends? Do you want to party or is childcare and good food more important? Choose a specialist resort to cater for your group.
- Apres Ski If bars and nightlife are important to you, then pick a resort like Les Deux Alpes, Val Thorens or Tignes. If you’re not interested in partying, then avoid the bigger, more expensive resorts.
3. Reduce your TRAVEL costs. Flights and your transfers will be your biggest travel costs. Follow these tips to bring these down:
- Research everything before booking anything. Don’t book anything until you have calculated the total cost of flights & transfers together.
- Look Around for Flights. Use a flight comparison website like skyscanner to get the best deal.
- Be Flexible with your Airport in the UK. It’s cheaper to travel further to your UK Airport than from your French Airport to your Ski Resort
- Used a Shared Transfer Service Ben’s Bus has shared transfers from Geneva Airport, Grenoble Airport and Lyon Airport.
- Travel on a Sunday? Flights are definitely cheaper but make sure you