Finding a cheap ski holiday has become far easier in recent years. Low cost airlines and shared ski transfer companies such as Ben’s Bus have made the French Alps is more affordable than ever. Tour Operators, Travel Agents and Accommodation Providers have all played their part too. We’ve showcased the best companies that offer ski holidays in the resorts that our network of buses operate to.
HOW TO FIND A CHEAP SKI HOLIDAY – OUR TOP TIPS
1. Choose Your DATES Wisely. This is the biggest driver in terms of how much you will pay for your ski break. Here are some dates to avoid:
- Christmas and New Year weeks: Budget Holidays are going to be hard to find at this time of year due to its popularity.
- UK February Half Term Holidays: Saturday 10th Feb 2018 – Saturday 24th Feb. Flights from the UK will be expensive.
- French School Holidays: Saturday 10th Feb 2018 – Saturday 10th March. Prices are high and the slopes, roads and restaurants are rammed!
2. Choose Your RESORT Wisely. Don’t think you have to head to a famous resort. There are loads of cheaper options. Consider these factors:
- Skiing ability Ski passes for smaller resorts with smaller ski areas are loads cheaper than the bigger, more famous ones.
- Family or Friends? Do you want to party or is childcare and good food more important? Choose a specialist resort to cater for your group.
- Apres Ski If bars and nightlife don’t interest you, then avoid the bigger more expensive resorts.
3. Reduce your TRAVEL costs. Flights and your transfers will be your biggest travel costs. Follow these tips to bring these down:
- Research everything before booking anything. Don’t book anything until you have calculated the total cost of flights & transfers together.
- Look Around for Flights. Use a flight comparison website like skyscanner to get the best deal.
- Be Flexible with your Airport in the UK. It’s cheaper to travel further to your UK Airport than from your French Airport to your Ski Resort
- Used a Shared Transfer Service Ben’s Bus has shared transfers from Geneva Airport, Grenoble Airport and Lyon Airport
- Travel on a Sunday? Flights are definitely cheaper but make sure you can get an affordable transfer that connects with your flight
SKI HOLIDAY PACKAGES FOR FAMILIES, GROUPS AND FRIENDS
Wasteland Ski are an established and reputable ski company offering some of the best rates around. Whether you are part of a small group of large group, looking for a budget holiday or premium accommodation, they will have something to offer.
Ski Beat offer chalet ski holidays in 6 snow-sure resorts in France
The Ski Gathering are a company specialising in single travellers & solo skiers. Book a holiday for yourself & ski with a new group of friends
SKI RESORT OF THE 2017 / 2018 SEASON
If you are a family looking for a cheap holiday in the snow, you don’t have to head to a traditionally ‘cheaper’ country. There are loads of affordable skiing holidays available in the French Alps. Shorter flights & transfers and better facilities, food and snow are all great reasons to stay closer to home. Go in low season and grab yourself an absolute bargain!
For the 2017 /2018 ski season, we are showcasing Chamrousse, a gem of a ski resort only 1 hour 20 minutes from Grenoble Airport! Chamrousse is s family-friendly ski resort with great value self catering accommodation, reasonably priced ski passes, ski schools and kindergartens. The ski area is child-friendly but still varied and interesting enough to keep the adults entertained.
Throughout 2018 the area and Chamrousse in particular, will be celebrating 50 years since the famous 1968 Grenoble Winter Olympics, which saw Jean Claude Killy win multiple events in Chamrousse. You can ski the Men’s Olympic Run down to a brand new, fast, 6 man chairlift which has made a real difference to the resort.