We will need a Saturday Reps to be based Val Thorens. The position is a part-time position as we only require you to work for us on Saturdays.
Ideally the Val Thorens Rep would job-share with the "Moutiers Co-ordinator" (see other section about this on this page), so you would alternative your roles from week to week.
THE RIGHT APPLICANT SHOULD FULFIL THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Have their accommodation already arranged and paid for in resort. Ben's Bus does not provide accommodation nor ski passes.
- Either have savings to live off or another job which allows you to work for Ben's Bus every Saturday.
- Be available every Saturday from 17th December 2016 - 8th April 2017.
- Be available for Staff Training in early December.
- Speak Good French, enough to communicate with our French speaking drivers.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have a friendly, approachable and flexible attitude to work and customers
- Access to the Internet is needed but a printer can be provided.
- Experience of working on airport transfers would be beneficial but not imperative. Full training will be given.
- You do not need your own transport or a driving licence for this position
- Total reliability and impeccable time-keeping skills are vital for this position
You would not leave the resort but instead meet our buses and ensure all our guests are on the bus before it leaves the resort. You will be asked to take the bus down to Les Menuires when it is possible to return back to Val Thorens (via the ski lift). Your job would include the following responsibilties:
- Liaise with our managers on Friday night as to what buses are leaving the resort the next day.
- Print, study and understand the list of transfers on Saturday, in preparation for a busy transfer day
- Reliably and punctually meet our buses at the Val Thorens Gare Routiere and call the driver if you cannot find him.
- Check in all passengers and call any missing customers. A Ben's Bus phone will be provided for work related phone calls.
- Make anouncements over the tannoy concerning Health and Safety and the journey ahead so customers understand their journey.
- Liaise and take instructions and advice from your supervisor and/or manager
- When necessary and when possible to return safely to Val Thorens, take the bus to Les Menuires to ensure those customers board the bus.
You are paid per bus "See Off" that you do. You are required to be at the Val Thorens Gare Routiere 15 minutes before the bus departure time to check our bus is there and to meet our customers. Each bus takes about 15 to process if you do not have to go to Les Menuires (for which you are paid extra).
You are paid £10 per "See Off" and an extra £5 if you need to take the bus down to Les Menuires. A guide to the list of bus departures times can be found below, although the frequency and timings of these buses will change throughout the season.
The average you would earn over a season would be about £1, 500 when shared with the Moutiers Coordinator job
Depart Val Thorens at 04:30, 05:40, 08:05 (although this bus will be managed by the Moutiers Coordinator who you will job share with) , 08:45, 10:25, 14:00, 15:00
You are welcome to ski between the 10:25 and 14:00 transfers and after the 15:00 transfer
If you think this is a job for you and you fulfil all the requirements listed at the top of this page, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org