We will need a Saturday Rep to be based close to the centre of Val d'Isere. The position is a part-time position as we only require you to work for us on Saturdays.
THE RIGHT APPLICANT SHOULD FULFIL THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Have their accommodation already arranged and paid for in resort. Ben's Bus does not provide accommodation nor ski passes.
- Either have savings to live off or another job which allows you to work for Ben's Bus every Saturday.
- Be available every Saturday from 16th December 2017 - 7th April 2018.
- Be available for Staff Training in early December.
- Speak at least Basic French, enough to communicate with our French speaking drivers.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have a friendly, approachable and flexible attitude to work and customers
- Have access to Internet and a printer on a Friday evening to print our manifests. Ben's Bus can provide you with a printer if need be.
- Experience of working on airport transfers would be beneficial but not imperative. Full training will be given.
- You do not need your own transport or a driving licence for this position.
- Total reliability and impeccable time-keeping skills are vital for this position
You would not leave the resort but instead meet our buses and ensure all our guests are on the bus before it leaves the resort. Your job would include the following responsibilties:
- Liaise with our managers on Friday night as to what buses are leaving the resort the next day.
- Print, study and understand the list of transfers on Saturday, in preparation for a busy transfer day
- Reliably and punctually meet our buses in the Val d'Isere Gare Routiere and call the driver if you cannot find him.
- Check in all passengers and call any missing customers. A Ben's Bus phone will be provided for work related phone calls.
- Make anouncements over the tannoy concerning Health and Safety and the journey ahead so customers understand their journey.
- Liaise and take instructions and advice from your supervisor and/or manager
- When necessary and when the resort navettes allow it, to take the bus to La Daille to ensure those customers board the bus.
You are paid per bus "See Off" that you do. You are required to be at the Val d'Isere Gare Routiere 15 minutes before the bus departure time to check our bus is there and to meet our customers. Each bus takes about 20 minutes to process. If you need to go to La Daille, this takes a further 10 minutes. You will only be required to go to La Daille when there are passengers booked to board there and when the navettes are in operation so you can safely return to Val d'Isere centre. You are paid 12EUR (£10) per bus. Although each bus should only take 20 minutes, on rare occassions it may take longer. After 1 hour, you will be paid 12EUR (£10) per hour. So for a bus which takes you 20 minutes to do, you will still be paid 12EUR / £10. You are paid an extra £5 per bus for doing the first 2 early morning buses. A guide to the list of bus departures times can be found below, although the frequency and timings of these buses will change throughout the season.
The average you would earn over a season would be about £1, 000 for working on Saturdays only and staying in resort!
Depart Val d''Isere Gare Routiere at 03:45, 05:15, 06:45, 07:55, 12:50, 13:10
The average number of buses you would do per week would be 6 and therefore the average pay would be about £70 per Saturday.
You are welcome to ski between transfers.
If you think this is a job for you and you fulfil all the requirements listed at the top of this page, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com