Grenoble Airport to Val Thorens Ski Transfers with Ben’s Bus
Ben’s Bus operates Grenoble Airport to Val Thorens ski transfers on Saturdays (and Sundays from Moutiers only) and a few weekdays around Christmas and New Year throughout the 2016 / 2017 ski season. We’ve been running low cost shared airport transfers to the French Alps for 10 years now. Each year we transport more people as we continue to expand our routes and services. Our network also covers shuttle buses from Lyon Airport to Val Thorens & Geneva Airport to Val Thorens. We pride ourselves on offering the cheapest transfers on the market whilst still offering a fantastic service. Our ski buses are regular and timely and we have many staff to help your journey go as smoothly as possible. Take a look at the sections further down the page for more details.
How Much Does A Ski Transfer Cost From Grenoble Airport to Val Thorens?
A cheap ski transfer from Grenoble Airport (GNB) to Val Thorens with Ben’s Bus will cost you £83.80pp Return. With some great discounts for groups, you could pay as little as £73.30pp Return. A single starts at just under £41pp. If you are travelling with children under 12 years old, they will receive a 10% discount. We won’t charge you any booking fees and we won’t charge you for carrying skis. Click this link if you wish to Book Now or receive an Instant Quote for your group. Or you can expand the “PRICES” Section below to see more details. We’re sure you won’t find a cheaper way of getting from Grenoble Airport to Val Thorens.
What is the Bus Timetable and How Long Does the Journey to Val Thorens Take?
We have 5 buses going back and forth each Saturday and 1 Sunday morning service to and from Moutiers. Visit the section “BUS TIMES” below to find more details on this. The journey from Grenoble airport to Val Thorens takes between 3 hours 10 minutes and 3 hs 40 mins, depending on the date, time of day, the weather and traffic conditions. The distance from Grenoble Airport to Val Thorens is 187 km. The route our vehicles usually take is the A43 (E70) motorway to Albertville, then the N90 national road to Moutiers before climbing the D117 up to Val Thorens.
Where Does The Bus Stop in Val Thorens?
Our service stops at the main bus station, the Val Thorens Gare Routiere, as well as the Val Thorens UCPA centre, 5 minutes down the road from the main resort. Expand the section “BUS STOP LOCATION” below to see a map of our stops and details of the free in-resort shuttle bus service. You can select any of our stops when you book with us.
Useful Information About Val Thorens and Grenoble Airport
If you cannot find the information you are looking for on this page, we may have it on our page for Val Thorens, our Grenoble Airport Ski Transfer Questions page or our Grenoble Airport page. A useful source of information on the resort is the Val Thorens Tourist Office website. The Snowforecast website for Val Thorens has fairly accurate snow predictions.
We run our shared ski transfers between Grenoble Airport & Val Thorens on Saturdays from the 10th December 2016 to the 15th April 2017
We operate a Sunday morning service between Grenoble Airport and Moutiers between the 18th December 2016 until the 2nd April 2017. If you are on a flight that does not land in the morning, please follow the advice for Weekdays below.
Extra Christmas & New Year Services
We do not operate a weekday service for this route. However, there is a shuttle bus from Grenoble Airport to Grenoble city centre. From Grenoble you would need to take a train or bus to Moutiers with SNCF, and then a public bus from Moutiers to Val Thorens with Altibus. Alternatively, you could book a private transfer from Grenoble Airport to Val Thorens with Actibus.
Please Note The Following Exceptions:
– On Saturday the 10th December 2016 we only have a service from Grenoble airport to Val Thorens
– On Sunday the 18th December 2016 we only have a service from Grenoble airport to Moutiers
– On Saturday the 15th April 2017 we only have a service from Val Thorens to Grenoble airport
– There will be no service on Sunday 25th December 2016
To find the price of your group quickly, use the Book Now button on the right. It will automatically calculate the price of your group, including all discounts.
- Adults (over 12 yrs old) £83.80pp Return & £46.80pp Single
- Children under 12 receive a 10% discount
- Groups of 8 or more people receive 1 seat for free.
- There is a £5.50pp surcharge for each Sunday or weekday you travel on.
- Bookings made the day before or day of your first transfer will be charged a Last Minute Booking Fee of £10 per booking
- We do not charge anything extra for carrying skis
- For a full list of our prices to all the ski resorts we cover, please visit our prices page
- To see our policy on carrying children, please read the section below or visit our page dedicated to children
The flight times into Grenoble Airport do vary from week to week and so, therefore do our bus times to and from Val Thorens. The easiest way to find the bus time that suits your flight is to put your details into our online booking form by clicking the Book Now button on the right. A list of all flights coming into and going out of Grenoble Airport will appear and next to them you will see our bus departure times to and from Val Thorens.
The transfer time between Grenoble Airport and Val Thorens is usually between 3 hours 10 minutes & 3 hours 40 minutes. Between Grenoble Airport & Moutiers the transfer takes between 2 hrs & 2 hrs 30 mins. We allow extra time on certain dates & certain times of the day when we know the traffic may be bad.
Please note that on Saturdays, we may ask you to change buses at Moutiers, the village at the bottom of the mountain. Our reps and / or drivers will help you with this.
We have 2 stops in Val Thorens, both of which are detailed below. The majority of our customers will wish to use our Gare Routiere stop. If you are staying at the UCPA, then scroll further down to see details on this stop.
Val Thorens Gare Routiere Bus Stop
We pick up and drop off at the main bus station, the 'Gare Routiere', in the centre of Val Thorens. Our bus will have a sign in the window. Please ensure you are at the stop 10 minutes before departure time to allow us to pack your luggage onto the bus and that you get on the right bus - we have buses going to other Airports too! The GPS coordinates are 45.297747 6.579969 (45°17'51.9"N 6°34'47.9"E) and you can see it on google maps here.
Click the following link to see the Val Thorens Tourist Office Interactive map of the resort which will help you find your accommodation in Val Thorens. The following page shows details on the free Val Thorens In Resort Shuttle Buses which circulate the resort.
Val Thorens UCPA Bus Stop
Walk out of the main entrance of the UCPA and take the track to the left, leading onto the main road. Our bus will stop in the lay-by directly opposite, on the side of the road heading down the mountain. The GPS coordinates are 45.299627 6.569243 (45°17'58.7"N 6°34'09.3"E) and you can see it on google maps here.
For this particular route, all children between 2 years old & 12 years old are entitled to a 10% discount. This discount will be applied automatically when you select the number of children in the booking process. For infants under 2 years old you have 2 options:
1. Children under 2 may legally sit on the parents knee & so can travel for free. Please Contact Us once you have booked to supply us with the infants' name. Please note that the journey to Val Thorens can take up to 4 hours during busy periods.
2. If you would like your infant to sit in a child seat (provided by yourself), you must Contact Us in advance to check that a suitable seat to accommodate your child seat in the bus is available. You you must therefore pay the full fare for a child. We regretfully cannot provide child seats on this route and would ask that you do bring your own.
Grenoble Airport is an efficient little airport and 30 minutes is enough time to get through Customs and Baggage Reclaim. If your flight is delayed we will wait for you but we may not be able to hold our bus for longer than 30 minutes after its scheduled departure time. After that we will do everything we can to get you on our next bus at no extra cost. We have many buses going back and forth each day.
- We provide a telephone number on your e-Ticket in case you need to contact us.
- We always try to call our missing passengers to help them out.
- We have bilingual managers to greet you at the the Airport and reps in resort to help you with your transfer.
- We typically use larger vehicles which are more environmentally friendly.
- We use experienced drivers who know the mountainous terrain.
- We are a well established company who have been operating in the Alps for many years.
Please note that from time to time, our transfers from Grenoble Airport may require a stop at Moutiers, where you may need to change over to another feeder coach. Our reps and / or drivers will help you with this and we will try and keep this inconvenience to a minimum.
Discounted Ski Club Travel Insurance
Choosing Ski Club Travel Insurance means you’re getting the specialist cover you need, with policies designed by experts for skiers and snowboarders. With wide-ranging cover including off-piste without a guide, it’s the perfect partner for all your winter and summer travel adventures.
10% discount for Ben’s Bus customers! Quote promo code BBUS10