Please note that Ben’s Bus does NOT operate a service from Grenoble Airport to Serre Chevalier. We can help you with part of the journey but you would need to make your own way for the rest of the journey. This page is therefore designed as a guide only to help you make an informed choice. Ben’s Bus cannot accept responsiblity for any out of date information on this page and you are strongly advised to check your travel plans with the local bus services or and authorities.
You may wish to open up a map of the area in google maps here to refer to whilst you read this page.
We currently only offer our ski transfer service from Grenoble Airport to Bourg d’Oisans. If you are flying into Grenoble Airport on a scheduled flight on any day of the week, we will have a bus that can take you to Bourg d’Oisans.
However, you will need to arrange additional transport for the final leg of your journey from Bourg d’Oisans to Serre Chevalier. There are 2 important factors to consider when deciding if this is the right journey for you:
– Sometimes the Col du Lauteret, a high mountain pass that connects Bourg d’Oisans to Serre Chevaler, does close. It is rare (it only closes if there is heavy snowfall and high winds) but it will affect your travel plans significantly if it does close. The Bison Fute website is a French government website which reports on traffic issues in the area http://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/
– At the time of writing this (November 2016), the D1091 road between Bourg d’Oisans and Serre Chevalier remains closed. However, the authorities have announced that the road will re-open on the 15th December 2016. More details can be found here http://www.lagrave-lameije.com/en/how-get-la-grave-villar-darene-and-its-hamlets
At the time of writing this, in November 2016, Ben’s Bus could find no information about a public bus between Grenoble City Centre or Bourg d’Oisans to Serre Chevalier. Our local friends have told us a bus service will exist over the winter so we would advise contacting the Serre Chevalier Tourist Office as they should be kept up to date with information about this.
– The shuttle bus between Grenoble Airport and Grenoble centre is operated by Actibus
– The local bus service for the Grenoble Area is Transisere
– Information about the local bus service around the Briancon area can be found here http://www.ville-briancon.fr/transport_en_commun.html
Alternatively, you can book a taxi from Bourg d’Oisans with Jean Paul from La Grave. His contact details are www.taxidelameije.com and he can also be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone on 0033 (0)6 79534567 or 0033 (0)6 72676933. They both speak good English and have a 6 & 8 seater which is capable of carrying skis and boards.
For more information about Grenoble Airport, please visit their website at http://www.grenoble-airport.com/