The Ben’s Bus Service from Lyon Airport to Mottaret
Ben’s Bus operates Lyon Airport to Mottaret shared ski transfers on Saturdays only throughout the 2016 / 2017 ski season. We’ve been running low cost airport transfers to the French Alps for 10 years now. Each year we transport more people as we continue to expand our routes and services. Our network also covers shuttle buses from Geneva Airport to Mottaret and Grenoble Airport to Moutiers. We pride ourselves on offering the cheapest transfers on the market whilst still offering a fantastic level of service. Our ski buses are regular and timely and at weekends we have many staff to help your journey go as smoothly as possible. Take a look at the sections further down the page for more details.
How Much Does A Ski Transfer Cost From Lyon Airport to Mottaret?
A cheap ski transfer from Lyon St Exupery Airport (LYS) to Mottaret with Ben’s Bus will cost you £95.80pp Return. With some great discounts for groups, you could pay as little as £83.80pp. If you are travelling with children under 12 years old, they will receive a 35% discount and Young Persons under 26 get a 13.5% discount. We won’t charge you any booking fees. We won’t charge you extra for travelling on a weekday or a Sunday and we don’t charge to carry skis. Click this link if you wish to Book Now or receive an Instant Quote for your group. Or you can expand the “PRICES” Section below to see more details. We’re sure you won’t find a cheaper way of getting from Lyon Airport to Mottaret.
What is the Bus Timetable and How Long Does the Journey Take?
We have 4 well timed buses going back and forth each Saturday, which means you shouldn’t have to wait long. Visit the section “BUS TIMES” below to find more details on this. The approximate transfer time from Lyon Airport to Mottaret is between 3 hours 10 minutes – 3 hrs 40 mins. This is dependent on the date, time of day, the weather and traffic conditions. We allow more time for the journey when we know the traffic may be bad. The distance from Lyon Airport to Mottaret is 183 km. Our buses usually take the A43 (E70) motorway to Albertville, via Chambery, then the N90 national road to Moutiers. We will ask you to change buses at Moutiers before climbing the D90 mountain road up to Mottaret. There may be a wait at Moutiers for your connecting bus but our drivers and/or reps will help you with this connection.
Where Does The Bus Stop in Mottaret?
Our service to and from Lyon Airport has 3 stops in Mottaret. It is important that you select the correct stop when you book with us. Expand the section “BUS STOP LOCATION” below to see a map showing the location of our stop in resort. Here you will also find links to the Tourist Office interactive map as well as information on the free shuttle buses which circulate the resort. You can use these buses to get to and from your acccommodation.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for on this page, we may have it on our page for Mottaret, our Lyon Airport Ski Transfer Questions page or our Lyon Airport page which has information on flights and airlines into Lyon Airport. A useful website for information on the resort is the Mottaret Tourist Office. The snowforecast website for Mottaret has fairly accurate snow predictions. We also have resort shuttle buses from Geneva Airport to Mottaret, & Grenoble Airport to Moutiers
We run our shared ski transfers from Lyon Airport to Mottaret on the following dates
Saturdays: Every Saturday from the 17th December 2016 until the 8th April 2017
We also have a service to and from Moutiers on the following dates. Moutiers is the village at the bottom of the mountain and the transport hub for all the Meribel Valley resorts. Information and advice on how to get from Moutiers to the Meribel Valley resorts can be found on our Lyon Airport to Moutiers page.
Fridays: Every Friday from the 23rd December 2016 until the 7th April 2017
Sundays: Every Sunday from the 18th December 2016 until the 2nd April 2017
Other Days of The Week: We also have a special service on Monday 26th December to Moutiers and Monday 2nd January from Moutiers. We do not operate this service on other weekdays. We would recommend taking the shuttle bus service from Lyon Airport to Grenoble city centre. From Grenoble you can take a train to Moutiers with SNCF (to catch connecting local buses up to Mottaret) or check out Altibus for details on public buses. Alternatively, you could book a private transfer from Lyon Airport with Actibus.
Please Note The Following Exceptions:
– On the 17th & 18th December 2016 we only have services from Lyon airport.
– There will be no service at all on Sunday 25th December 2016
– There will be no early morning service from resort on Sunday 1st January 2017
– On the the 7th & 8th April 2017 we only have services from Moutiers / Mottaret to Lyon airport
To find the price of your group quickly, use the Book Now button on the right. It will automatically calculate the price of your group, including all discounts. Here are our 2016 / 2017 Prices
- Adults (26 yrs and older) £95.80pp Return & £61pp Single
- Children under 12 receive a 35% discount
- Young Persons (12 – 25) receive a 13.5% discount
- Groups of 8 or more people receive 1 seat for free.
- There are no surcharges for travelling on Sundays or weekdays.
- Bookings made the day before or day of your first transfer will be charged a Last Minute Booking Fee of £10 per booking
- We do not charge anything extra for carrying skis
- For a full list of our prices to all the ski resorts we cover, please visit our prices page
- To see our policy on carrying children, please read the section below or visit our page dedicated to children
Our bus times from Lyon Airport to Mottaret are:
Departing Lyon Airport on Saturdays: 10:15 | 11:20 | 15:30 | 18:45
Our bus times to Lyon Airport, from Mottaret are:
Arriving at Lyon Airport on Saturdays: 07:50 | 09:00 | 12:30 | 17:30
Our bus times from Lyon Airport to Moutiers are:
Departing Lyon Airport on Fridays: 11:35 | 16:35
Departing Lyon Airport on Sundays: 11:20 | 15:35
Our bus times to Lyon Airport, from Moutiers are:
Arriving at Lyon Airport on Fridays: 09:20 | 13:30
Arriving at Lyon Airport on Sundays: 08:15 | 13:30
Our bus timetable works around the flight arrivals and departures so you never have to wait long. The easiest way to find the bus time that connects with your flight is to put your details into our booking form by clicking the Book Now button on the right. Once you have selected your dates and flights, our ski transfer bus times will appear.
From Lyon Airport, we can pick you up & drop off at one of three bus stops in Mottaret. The Tourist Office Interactive Map of Mottatet can help you find where your accommodation is and therefore which is the best option to choose when you book our transfer. The free shuttle buses depart from all the Ben’s Bus stop and circulate the resort. A map showing the location of your stop will be on your e-Ticket along with the pick up time.
– Our bus stop for Mottaret Le Hameau (45° 22′ 27.3894″ 6° 34′ 20.7978″) which is right at the top of the resort. You can see it on google maps here. The stop is on the roundabout in front of the residence Odalys “Le Hameau de Mottaret”.
– Our bus stop for Mottaret Centre (45° 22′ 12.2514″ 6° 34′ 59.1168″) is in the centre of town, in front of the Tourist Office. You can see the stop on google maps here.
– Our bus stop for Mottaret Le Châtelet (45° 22′ 12.2514″ 6° 34′ 59.1168″) can be seen in the map below. You can also see it on googlemaps here.
To see our policy on carrying children, including what discounts we offer for this particular route, please visit our Childrens Page and expand the section “LYON AIRPORT”.
Unfortunately, unlike our other routes, we cannot hold our transfers back to wait for people who might be delayed. This is because the driver hours are strictly controlled by the EU and they need to get back to their depot before their hours run out. Our transfer departure times are also closely monitored by the local authorities to ensure a timely service and penalties are levied for late running services.
If you are running late, you can call our manager at the airport (their number will be on your e-Ticket) and they will do their best to hold the bus back a few minutes. Otherwise, we will get you on our next service at no extra cost, provided there is space. We have many buses going back and forth each day and our staff are trained to do the very best by our customers to ensure your holiday starts off on the right note.
- We provide an emergency telephone number on your e-Ticket in case you need to contact us.
- At week-ends, we have English speaking reps at the Airport and in resort to help you with your transfer.
- We typically use larger vehicles which are more environmentally friendly.
- We use experienced drivers who know the mountainous terrain.
- We are a well established company who have been operating in the Alps for many years.
Discounted Ski Club Travel Insurance
Choosing Ski Club Travel Insurance means you’re getting the specialist cover you need, with policies designed by experts for skiers and snowboarders. With wide-ranging cover including off-piste without a guide, it’s the perfect partner for all your winter and summer travel adventures.
10% discount for Ben’s Bus customers! Quote promo code BBUS10