Grenoble Airport to Val d’Isere Ski Transfers with Ben’s Bus
Ben’s Bus operates Grenoble Airport to Val d’Isere ski transfers on Saturdays and Sunday mornings (and a few weekdays around Christmas and New Year) throughout the 2016 / 2017 ski season. We’ve been running low-cost shared airport transfers to the French Alps for 10 years now. Each year we transport more people as we continue to expand our routes and services. Our network also covers shuttle buses from Lyon Airport to Val d’Isere & Geneva Airport to Val d’Isere. We pride ourselves on offering the cheapest transfers on the market whilst still offering a fantastic service. Our ski buses are regular and timely and we have many staff to help your journey go as smoothly as possible. Take a look at the sections further down the page for more details.
How Much Does A Ski Transfer Cost From Grenoble Airport to Val d’Isere?
A cheap ski transfer from Grenoble Airport (GNB) to Val d’Isere will cost you £83.80pp Return. With some great discounts for groups, you could pay as little as £73.30pp. A single starts at just under £41pp. If you are travelling with children under 12, they will receive a 10% discount. We won’t charge you any booking fees and we won’t charge you for carrying skis. Click this link if you wish to Book Now or receive an Instant Quote for your group. Or you can expand the “PRICES” Section below for more details. We’re sure you won’t find a cheaper way of getting from Grenoble Airport to Val d’Isere.
What is the Bus Timetable and How Long Does the Journey to Val d’Isere Take?
We have 5 buses going back and forth each Saturday and 1 Sunday morning service. Visit the section “BUS TIMES” below to find more details on this. The transfer time from Grenoble airport to Val d’Isere is between 3 hours 35 minutes and 4 hours, depending on the date, time of day, the weather and traffic conditions. The distance from Grenoble Airport to Val d’Isere is 210 km. The route our vehicles usually take is the A43 (E70) motorway to Albertville via Grenoble, then the N90 national road to Bourg St Maurice before climbing the D902 up to Val d’Isere.
Where Does The Bus Stop in Val d’Isere?
Our service stops at the main bus station in Val d’Isere, the Gare Routiere, as well as the area known as La Daille. La Daille is the purpose built part of Val d’Isere, about 5 minutes away from the main resort. You can select either of these stops when you book with us. Expand the section “BUS STOP LOCATION” below to see a map of our stops in resort. You will also see information about the free in-resort shuttle buses which can take you to your accommodation.
Useful Information About Val d’Isere and Grenoble Airport
If you cannot find the information you are looking for in one of the sections below, we may have it on our page for Val d’Isere, our Grenoble Airport Ski Transfer Questions page or our Grenoble Airport page. A useful source of information on the resort is the Val d’Isere Tourist Office website. The Snowforecast website for Val d’Isere has fairly accurate snow predictions.
We run our shared ski transfers between Grenoble Airport & Val d'Isere on Saturdays from the 10th December 2016 to the 15th April 2017
We operate a Sunday morning service between Grenoble Airport and Val d'Isere between the 18th December 2016 until the 2nd April 2017. If you are on a flight that does not land in the morning, please follow the advice for Weekdays below.
Extra Christmas & New Year Services
We have a service from Grenoble Airport to Val d'Isere on the 26th & 27th December and from Val d'Isere to Grenoble Airport on the 2nd & 3rd January
We do not operate this service on weekdays. We would recommend taking the shuttle bus service from Grenoble Airport to Grenoble city centre. From Grenoble you can take a train to Bourg St Maurice with SNCF, or check out Altibus for details on public buses. More details about this can be found on our Bourg St Maurice Ski Transfer page. Alternatively, you could book a private transfer from Grenoble Airport to Val d'Isere with Actibus.
Please Note The Following Exceptions:
– On Saturday the 10th December 2016 we only have a service from Grenoble airport to Val d'Isere
– On Sunday the 18th December 2016 we only have a service from Grenoble airport to Val d'Isere
– On Saturday the 15th April 2017 we only have a service from Val d'Isere to Grenoble airport
– There will be no service on Sunday 25th December 2016 and Sunday 1st January 2017
To find the price of your group quickly, use the Book Now button on the right. It will automatically calculate the price of your group, including all discounts.
- Adults (over 12 yrs old) £83.80pp Return & £46.80pp Single
- Children under 12 receive a 10% discount
- Groups of 8 or more people receive 1 seat for free.
- There is a £5.50pp surcharge for each Sunday or weekday you travel on.
- Bookings made the day before or day of your first transfer will be charged a Last Minute Booking Fee of £10 per booking
- We do not charge anything extra for carrying skis
- For a full list of our prices to all the ski resorts we cover, please visit our prices page
- To see our policy on carrying children, please read the section below or visit our page dedicated to children
The flight times into Grenoble Airport do vary from week to week and so, therefore do our bus times to and from Val d'Isere. The easiest way to find the bus time that suits your flight is to put your details into our online booking form by clicking the Book Now button on the right. A list of all flights coming into and going out of Grenoble Airport will appear and next to them you will see our bus departure times to and from Val d'Isere. Please note that on Sundays we only run a morning service to and from Val d'Isere. At all other times you can buy tickets for the service to Grenoble city centre and from there you can take onward public transport to and from Val d'Isere.
The journey between Grenoble Airport & Val d'Isere usually takes between 3 hours 35 minutes - 4 hours. Between Grenoble Airport & Bourg St Maurice the transfer takes between 3 hrs - 3 hrs 30 mins. We allow extra time on certain days & certain times of the day when we know traffic may be bad.
We pick up and drop off at the main bus station, the 'Gare Routiere', in the centre of Val d'Isere and at a bus stop in La Daille. Our bus will have a sign in the window. Please ensure you are at the stop 10 minutes before departure time to allow us to pack your luggage onto the bus and that you get on the right bus - we have buses going to other Airports too!!!
Click the following link to see the Val d'Isere Tourist Office Interactive map of the resort which will help you find your accommodation in Val d'Isere. Click the following link to see details about the free Val d'Isere In Resort Shuttle Buses which go around the resort.
Val d'Isere Gare Routiere
The main bus station in the centre of town can get quite busy on a Saturday, so please do keep an eye out for our bus. The GPS coordinates are 45.450348, 6.976998 (45°27'01.2"N 6°58'37.2"E) and you can see it on google maps here.
La Daille Stop
On the side of the road heading out of resort, just past the building with the big sign "Hotel, Restaurant, Pizzeria" is a bus stop with the words "ARRET, LIGNES REGULIERES". The GPS coordinates are 45.462, 6.9647 (45°27'43.2"N 6°57'52.9"E) and you can see it on google maps here.
For this particular route, all children between 2 years old & 12 years old are entitled to a 10% discount. This discount will be applied automatically when you select the number of children in the booking process. For infants under 2 years old you have 2 options:
1. Children under 2 may legally sit on the parents knee & so can travel for free. Please Contact Us once you have booked to supply us with the infants' name. Please note that the journey to Val d'Isere can take up to 4 hours during busy periods.
2. If you would like your infant to sit in a child seat (provided by yourself), you must Contact Us in advance to check that a suitable seat to accommodate your child seat in the bus is available. You you must therefore pay the full fare for a child. We regretfully cannot provide child seats on this route and would ask that you do bring your own.
Grenoble Airport is an efficient little airport and 30 minutes is enough time to get through Customs and Baggage Reclaim. If your flight is delayed we will wait for you but we may not be able to hold our bus for longer than 30 minutes after its scheduled departure time. After that we will do everything we can to get you on our next bus at no extra cost. We have many buses going back and forth each day.
- We provide a telephone number on your e-Ticket in case you need to contact us.
- We always try to call our missing passengers to help them out.
- We have bilingual managers to greet you at the the Airport and reps in resort to help you with your transfer.
- We typically use larger vehicles which are more environmentally friendly.
- We use experienced drivers who know the mountainous terrain.
- We are a well established company who have been operating in the Alps for many years.
Please note that from time to time, our transfers from Grenoble Airport may require a stop at Moutiers or Bourg St Maurice (but never both!), where you may need to change over to another feeder coach. Our reps and / or drivers will help you with this and we will try and keep this inconvenience to a minimum.
Discounted Ski Club Travel Insurance
Choosing Ski Club Travel Insurance means you’re getting the specialist cover you need, with policies designed by experts for skiers and snowboarders. With wide-ranging cover including off-piste without a guide, it’s the perfect partner for all your winter and summer travel adventures.
10% discount for Ben’s Bus customers! Quote promo code BBUS10